Thursday, October 13, 2011

An accountant with a green thumb: Getting to Know Androscoggin Bank’s Kristen Bartlett

We love getting to know our customers – and want you to get to know us, too. This month for our employee spotlight, we interviewed Kristen Bartlett, who works in the accounting department in our main office in Lewiston.


Please share your title and a brief description of your role at Androscoggin Bank: I’m a Senior Accountant, so my role involves preparing a lot of the quarterly regulatory reports that we submit to the Fed. I also prepare our monthly financials and help keep the Bank’s affairs in order.

How long have you been employed with the bank? I have been at Androscoggin Bank for about three years now, and I love it.

What’s one thing about you that we’d be surprised to learn? I have a flock of twelve laying hens and tend a substantial vegetable garden each year. Prior to jumping into the accounting world, I actually spent several years as a year-round Greenhouse Manager in Virginia. Since I also hold a degree in English, you could say I am very well-rounded – which certainly helps when it comes to preparing reports and working with others here at the Bank.

What’s your favorite part of your job? My favorite part of working in the accounting department is getting to see the whole picture of how our Bank functions. We get to analyze everything from our deposits and loans to the investments we make and the money we keep at the Federal Reserve. It is fascinating to see how everything is interrelated and works together to keep our institution strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment